The community consultation process identified the following six priorities for community renewal, and these are now the basis for both our Five-Year Neighbourhood Renewal Plan and our Annual Operational Plan. You can download them using the links below:
The Neighbourhood Renewal Plan is a working document and an annual review will be conducted to address any changes that need to be made due to the community’s changing needs or priorities. We welcome your thoughts and suggestions on how to reach our goals.
- To support the development of affordable, adequate and safe housing in Flin Flon.
- To support the development of diverse recreation, arts & cultural opportunities with a particular emphasis on Youth and Seniors.
3. Wellness & Well-being
- To support the development of resources and strategies to ensure that Flin Flon residents have access to a full range of comprehensive health and wellness programming.
4. Safety & Crime
- To encourage the creation of a safe community where there is respect for people & property.
5. Community Capacity Building and Empowerment
- To empower the residents of Flin Flon through education and programming.
- To strengthen the relationships between people and community.
- To support the development of initiatives that beautify the image and environment of Flin Flon.